MENASSAT’s Bethlehem correspondent, Fadi Abu Saada, recalls the bloody events in Gaza and their impact on the lives of Palestinian journalists.
It was past two in the morning on Wednesday February 27 when the phone woke me from my sleep. When the phone rings at this hour, it is always bad news. Read more »
By FADI ABU SAADA
A Gaza court has banned the Palestinian newspaper al-Ayyam because of a three months old cartoon that was judged to be ‘defamatory’ to Hamas members of parliament.
BETHLEHEM, Feb. 11, 2008 (MENASSAT) – On February 3, 2008, al-Solh court in Gaza ordered the halting of the publication, printing and distribution of al-Ayyam newspaper starting February 6. It also imposed suspended jail sentences and fines on three staff members of al-Ayyam. Read more »
FADI ABU SAADA
The death of the son of Hamas leader Mahmoud Zahhar in an Israeli raid has led to a surprising rapprochement between Fateh and Hamas – and it was all thanks to a small, privately owned radio station in Gaza.
Hamas leader Mahmoud Zahhar, left, bids farewell to his son Husam, the second son to be killed by the Israelis. Read more »
Fadi Abu Saada
BETHLEHEM, Jan. 8, 2008 (MENASSAT.COM) – For Ali Waked, a Palestinian journalist from Yafa working for the Israeli newspaper Yediot Ahronot, there can be no doubt about it: the Arab press is one of the main sources of news for the Israeli press. “We cannot deny the dynamism of some of the Palestinian and Arab news websites, which are sometimes the first to cover many events, even before the international news media,” he says. Read more »
- Please visit my new website for the latest articles
- Struggling to stay human
- Hamas not amused by Haniya cartoon
- Palestine’s pax media
- The Arab media as seen through Israeli eyes
- When you can’t choose your neighbors
- Alternative media step in where offical media fail
- Beyond the Christmas lights, the real Bethlehem
- Inside Palestine’s Media War
- Palestinians trust their media despite weak performance
- Olmert & Our Failure Diplomacy!
- The world and us…no changes!!